PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Friday January 4, 2018 – A 4.6 magnitude earthquake was recorded near Trinidad and Tobago this morning, following a smaller tremor in the Eastern Caribbean just after midnight.
But there have been no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
The latest quake occurred around 10:33 am, according to the Seismic Research Centre (SRC) of the University of the West Indies. It was felt 40 km north of the capital, Port of Spain; 48 km northwest of Arima; and 85 km north of San Fernando, at a depth of 40 km.
Less than 11 hours earlier, at nine minutes past midnight, a quake of magnitude 3.9 hit off St Lucia.
It was 54 km southeast of the island’s capital, Castries; 104 km southeast of Fort-de-France, Martinique; and 110 km northeast of Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
Top Posts & Pages
- Vacancy - Operations Administrative Assistant Deadline for submitting applications: 19th April, 2019
- Solar Dynamics St.Lucia - Vacancies
- Vacancy - Sales Representative Deadline for submission: March 31,2019
- Vacancy - Cashiers (part time) no later than March 25th 2019
- Island Style Tile & Bath - Customer Service Representative DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Wednesday, March 27th 2019.
- Flow - People Business Partner The deadline for submission of applications is Monday March 25, 2019
- JQ Motors Ltd -Quality Control Officer