PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Friday January 4, 2018 – A 4.6 magnitude earthquake was recorded near Trinidad and Tobago this morning, following a smaller tremor in the Eastern Caribbean just after midnight.
But there have been no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
The latest quake occurred around 10:33 am, according to the Seismic Research Centre (SRC) of the University of the West Indies. It was felt 40 km north of the capital, Port of Spain; 48 km northwest of Arima; and 85 km north of San Fernando, at a depth of 40 km.
Less than 11 hours earlier, at nine minutes past midnight, a quake of magnitude 3.9 hit off St Lucia.
It was 54 km southeast of the island’s capital, Castries; 104 km southeast of Fort-de-France, Martinique; and 110 km northeast of Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
Saint Lucian Sophie Klein wins TEECA Caribbean Entrepreneurship Challenge and EUR 10.000 to develop her business
Top Posts & Pages
- Vacancy - Hotel Positions Deadline for application July 31st 2019.
- Branch Supervisor
- Sagicor - Administrative Assistant (Sales Department) by Monday July 22, 2019
- Uni-V St. Lucia Limited - Luxury Vacation Specialist Deadline for applications is Monday 22nd July 2019
- Solar Dynamics Ltd - Inventory Clerk
- Government of Saint Lucia - Wrap-Around Officers – Youth Empowerment Project.(RFE)
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort - Stewards, Steward (Shift Leader) & Housemen Deadline for applications is July 31, 2019