PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Friday January 4, 2018 – A 4.6 magnitude earthquake was recorded near Trinidad and Tobago this morning, following a smaller tremor in the Eastern Caribbean just after midnight.
But there have been no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
The latest quake occurred around 10:33 am, according to the Seismic Research Centre (SRC) of the University of the West Indies. It was felt 40 km north of the capital, Port of Spain; 48 km northwest of Arima; and 85 km north of San Fernando, at a depth of 40 km.
Less than 11 hours earlier, at nine minutes past midnight, a quake of magnitude 3.9 hit off St Lucia.
It was 54 km southeast of the island’s capital, Castries; 104 km southeast of Fort-de-France, Martinique; and 110 km northeast of Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
Top Posts & Pages
- M&C Drugstore – Cosmetics Sales Assistant no later than Tuesday January 29th, 2019.
- Rayneau Group of Companies - Vacancies
- Harbor Club - Bellman, Front Desk Agent, Restaurant Supervisors & Regional Sales Manager no later than 5pm January 25th, 2019
- IBS INC – ICT TECHNICIAN before Friday, January 25th, 2019
- St. Lucia Sotheby’s International Realty - Office Assistant Deadline for submission: Monday 21st January 2019
- Tamco Rentals - Sales Rep & Receptionist
- Real Foods Inc - Restaurant General Manager before Friday 25th January 2019.
- Bay Gardens Resorts - Pool Attendant no later than Friday 25th January 2019.
- Unicomer Group - Debt Collectors by January 25th 2019