Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
National Farmers and General Workers Co-operative Credit Union Society Limited seek a proven leader who is enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a game-changer to join our team as our General Manager. The following represents a summary of the job description to guide the post:
JOB TITLE: General Manager
REPORTS TO: The Board of Directors
PRIMARY LOCATION: Vieux Fort Branch
Financial Controller, Human Resource Manager, Internal Audit and Compliance Officer, Branch Administrators, Marketing Officer, Information Technology Officer.
To provide strategic direction, vision, leadership, and management in all functional areas. Plan, direct, and control all Credit Union activities per Credit Union plans policies, directives, and activities as established by the Board of Directors.
1. Manages all Credit Union operations, which include planning and implementing programs, policies, and procedures
2. Establishes office procedures to use staff and facilities most efficiently, to promote products and services to provide outstanding member service, and to achieve the goals of the Credit Union
3. Analyze workflow of the Credit Union continuously and make changes to improve efficiency, increase surplus and reduce costs.
4. Supervise a budget for the Credit Union that is consistent with the overall strategic plan.
5. Evaluate the job performance of the Credit Union's staff management to ensure quality service to members.
6. Conduct staff meetings regularly to ensure the dissemination of information exchange of ideas, resolution of problems, discussion of trends, etc.
7. Conduct business development activities to promote the growth and development of the Credit Union
8. Building positive relations with the field of membership, and with appropriate trade associations and organizations.
9. Manage security and safety for the Credit Union, with the responsibility to analyze security and safety policies and procedures and to alert staff of any changes promptly.
10. Perform any other task or related duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
1.Perform tasks per the policies and procedures of NFGWCCU, laws governing the Credit Union, and other legal requirements.
2. Maintain confidentiality of NFGWCCU business and ensure strictest confidence in members’ issues and files.
3. Maintain high quality and standards in the execution of duties.
4. Exercise a high level of work ethics, integrity, and professionalism when conducting NFGWCCU business
5. Must undertake weekly visits to all locations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Be fully conversant with and up to date on all regulations and legislation that applies to the Credit Union including but not restricted to: Co-operatives Societies Act and Regulation; Money Laundering Prevention Act; Proceeds of Crime Act; Financial Services Regulatory Authority Act and Guidelines.
• Knowledge of NFGWCCU By-Laws and Policies;
• The ability to understand, reinforce, adjust, and support a culture that reflects the Credit Union’s values.
• Proven experience in building an effective working relationship with Supervisors and the ability to communicate a shared vision.
• Experience in, and the ability to lead a broad range of financial business lines, including commercial, and to manage competing interests, priorities, and trade-offs to optimize the needs of the business.
• Effective communication skills in both writing and oral presentation, and skills in communicating with a broad range of audiences.
• A high degree of skills in team building and fostering relationships and partnerships, enhancing our role and profile in the Credit Union systems and the community.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Master of Business Administration, or a similar qualification from a recognized institution with at least five (5) years’ work experience in a related position.
Salary shall be commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualification and experience.
Interested applicants should apply to:
Board of Directors
National Farmers and General Workers Co-operative Credit Union Society Ltd.
Louisville Avenue, Off Clarke Street
Saint Lucia, W.I.
Or emailed to HR@nfgwccu.org; to reach no later than 4th February 2022. Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.