Medical Imaging Inc - Ultrasound Technologist
Position Description POSITION TITLE: (Ultrasound Technologist) POSITION REPORTS TO: Radiologist/ Manager COMPANY: MEDICAL IMAGING INC. LOCATION: BLUE CORAL, CASTRIES
OBJECTIVE/PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Ensuring preparedness to serve clients, Maintaining a high level of initiative and interest in self development. To ensure delivery of a professional quality customer service experience.
To maintain a high level of commitment and dedication to team goals and organization.
Ultrasound Technologist / Radiographer The technician under the supervision of the Radiologist has the responsibility for providing quality patient care while following guideline/protocols for patient diagnosis and treatment. Completing scans effectively and efficiently maintaining the highest level of patient care. Record patient history Scan patient Complete impression sheets Provide verbal Impressions ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Perform procedures in accordance with accepted protocols as directed
- Instruct patients regarding procedures to ensure cooperation and optimum test results.
- Follow prescribed safety standards in operating equipment
- Maintain Ultrasound/X-Ray equipment in appropriate operating condition
- Maintain examination rooms and work areas
- Maintain accurate department records/reports
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Diploma in Medical Radiological Technology
- Minimum Two (2) years working experience
- Ability to operate Ultrasound/X-Ray equipment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, staff and management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including and ability to manage interactions with difficult people
- Excellent telephone skills
- Knowledge of cross-anatomy and physiology to sufficiently pinpoint area of imaging
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively
Skills, Abilities and Behavioral Characteristics/Practices:
- Commitment to your job
- Dress and Grooming
- Bedside manners
- Very Strong Customer Relation Skills
- Operate different types of radiology and imaging equipment which include X-Ray, Fluoroscopic, and computed tomography machines for radiographic examinations.
- Interprets radiographic requests from doctors and performs radiology examinations taking into consideration the medical condition of the patient, minimizing radiation exposure to patients, staff and self.
- Assist the radiologist during contrast and interventional procedures.
- Ensure the production of quality radiographic images for diagnostic purposes.
- Checks the function and safety of radiographic equipment used for radiology procedures and report fault and malfunction.
- Perform a wide range of radiographic examination on patients for diagnostic purposes.
- Observe guidelines regarding patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Follows departmental protocols in observing health and safety rules relating to ionizing radiation, faulty equipment and cross-infection regulations to protect staff and patients.
- Undertake any other related and assigned duties as determined by the radiologist or director.
Applications can be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org