LEGAL OFFICER / ATTORNEY FOR ST. LUCIA
We are a growing company in the Financial Services industry that has an immediate vacancy for a Legal Officer/ Attorney for our St. Lucia office. Successful candidate should have some previous experience in banking, accounting or debt collections and have the ability to work with little to no supervision. This is an excellent position for the right candidate to join our winning team!
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ideal candidate will be a practicing Attorney with a minimum of 3 years post bar experience,
Should be independent, self-directed, organized and a diligent worker, able to work with minimal supervision. Provide support to Legal Director in delinquent loans issues.
• Compile documents required for foreclosure process.
• Input and maintain information into case management system and ensure data integrity.
• Maintain, organize and index all case files for Legal Manager; file correspondence, pleadings and other documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
• Provide necessary telephone assistance by responding to attorney firms' inquiries.
• Establish a strong follow-up system to ensure deadlines are not missed for which various pleadings must be served and filed.
• Prioritize and work at a fast pace on a high volume of files, with a great attention to detail.
• Develop and execute routines for keeping legal team informed of regulatory changes.
• Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles, treatises, code sections, and analyze issues to prepare legal documents and memos.
• Serves as liaison between outside attorney firms, internal departments, and Legal Manager when necessary and appropriate, including obtaining regular status updates.
- Must be a practicing Attorney, with some experience in litigation.
• Minimum 6 months Bankruptcy or Foreclosure experience with lenders and mortgage services.
• Experience such as administrative duties involving some technical proficiency and basic knowledge of legal services, familiarity with legal terminology; maintaining accurate legal case files; and proficiency in office based software applications including MS Office Suite.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop working relations with the attorney firms.
• Must be a team player!
• High Energy
Interested persons who are suitably qualified as for the above requirements may respond by sending their updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org