We are looking for a dynamic Senior Diagnostic & Repair Technician to join our team. The focus of this role is to ensure the general productivity and the highest quality of technical output from the Service Department through diagnostic execution and repairs, by repairing it right the first time! Additionally, the candidate is required to build the technical competence in the Workshop team through direct on-the-job training wherever necessary; and place heavy emphasis on rapid turnaround of all work input through the efficient administration of work-flow processes.
Specific Duties Include but are not limited to the following:
· To be primarily responsible for the prosecution of technical diagnostic work in the workshop.
· To help build the technical competence in the Garage through direct on-the-job-training.
· To be the primary point person on technical communications and queries to the suppliers/manufacturers on technical issues.
· To promptly process your service advisor’s repair order upon receipt.
· To ensure adherence to promise times setup on repair orders.
· To ensure that all repairs are carried out promptly and in accordance with the repair order.
· To communicate all issues regarding a repair order, required items and other issues associated with a customer’s vehicle to the Workshop Supervisor/Workshop Manager for maximum customer service.
· To ensure that you conduct all repairs in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
· To ensure that you conduct your tasks in accordance with company policy.
· To maintain a satisfactory production level of personal performance within your team in the workshop in line with daily and weekly production plans, whilst providing the best possible standard of service and care to the customer.
· Accompany customers with a concern on the test drive as and when necessary.
· To ensure 100% road test evaluation after completion of every repair.
· To IMMEDIATELY report to the Workshop Supervisor/Workshop Manager any traffic accident or incident of damage, however minor, involving a customer or company vehicle, whilst in the charge, control, and care of any of your team members.
The Ideal Candidate should possess the following:
1. Minimum of five (5) years working in a dealership and received manufacturer training.
2. Possess an Automotive Service Degree.
3. Strong knowledge of key Automotive engineering basics & principles.
4. Trained in the use of Automotive diagnostic equipment and hand tools.
5. Strong understanding of electrical schematics and circuit diagrams.
6. Strong Computer Literacy Skills.
7. Candidates should possess a valid driver’s license with an endorsement to operate trucks.
8. Engine, transmission and drivetrain repair and diagnosis knowledge.
9. Able to work and provide results under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
10. Team player, self motivated and proactive individual who is confident in their skill.
Interested candidates should email their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae including two (2) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is Monday, April 4th, 2022