InsideOut St. Lucia- Warehouse Attendant
Our lifestyle brand is searching for a Warehouse Attendant to join our team at Insideout. We need an ambitious and hardworking individual who is capable of lifting, carrying and assembling furniture and must be able to work on their feet for extended periods. We prize speed and accuracy above all else, so we require a Warehouse Attendant who can pay careful attention on the job, follow instructions precisely and double-check his or her work before completing a task. Our company offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Summary of Position
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Sort and place products or items on racks, shelves according to organizational standards
- Open bales, crates and other containers
- Assist with offloading containers arriving at the warehouse
- Maintains inventory controls by assisting in counting of physical inventory based on inventory log
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, store windows, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment
- Count and stock merchandise when receiving stock
- Identify damaged, lost or missing merchandise and notify supervisor immediately
- Pack customer orders in an orderly manner so they are prepared for delivery
- Treat merchandise with care and concern at all times
- Assist sales attendants on store floor as necessary
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Maintaining the presentation of the sales floor, products, signage, and displays
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Directing customers to merchandise within the store
- Assist sale attendants when packing customers packages into vehicles
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers
- Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
- Secondary School certificate or equivalent preferred
- Basic administration skills
- Previous warehouse experience would be an asset
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required
- The ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality
- A professional appearance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a retail environment
- The ability to work overtime
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
Only suitable applicants will be short listed. Applications with resumes must be submitted no later than Friday July 27th, 2018 to: The Manager Insideout