Guardsman St. Lucia – Financial Controller
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
The Financial Controller is responsible for managing the Finance function as well as providing support and advice on all financial issues. The incumbent is also expected to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, financial risk management, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Coordinating and preparing budget, financial forecasts and qualitative information analysis for management decisions and report variances
- Producing monthly management reports on billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Preparing and presenting month-end and year-end accounts and statements in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and support their close processes
- Monitoring and ensuring internal quality control over financial transactions and assess their adequacy and effectiveness
- Coordinating the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Planning and optimising the strategic position of the company for greater economic growth
- Manage Finance Team to maximise performance
- Provide advice and recommendation to the senior management team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Professional certification, preferably: ACCA, CIMA, CPA and CGA or a Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years broad accounting experience including 3 years in a senior capacity
- Experience working with computerized Accounting software
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to work in a client-focused role within a fast pace environment
- Personal initiative in developing efficient work processes
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong leadership demeanour and communication skills
- Knowledge of local corporation tax legislation.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices, techniques and principles.
Compensation & Benefits: We offer a competitive remuneration and benefit package which will be influenced by the successful candidate’s knowledge, skills and abilities.
Applications must be submitted to:
The Human Resource Manager Guardsman St. Lucia Ltd P.O. Box CP5970 Castries
Or Email: email@example.com
Only suitable candidates will be acknowledged. The deadline for the submission of applications is Friday March 22, 2019