Excellent Stores Saint Lucia Limited (ESSL) - Administrative Assistant
TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Country Manager
LOCATION: Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
TYPE: Full Time
Overview Excellent Stores Saint Lucia Limited (ESSL) is seeking a highly efficient and organized Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Country Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing general and administrative support to the Country Manager to ensure effective operations of ESSL.
- Screen telephone calls, email enquiries/requests and handle when/where appropriate on behalf of the Country Manager.
- Receives all visitors to the Company’s Head Office including, but not exclusive to vendors, clients, candidates, corporate guests and directs them appropriately.
- Maintain accurate filing system (electronic and hard copy as necessary) and ensure confidentiality of all information contained.
- Generate a wide variety of documents such as letters, memoranda, and spreadsheet utilizing appropriate software.
- Effectively manage and maintain the Country Manager’s calendar.
- Compile minutes from meetings and forward to all relevant persons in a stipulated time frame.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Assist the Country Manager with overseeing the daily business operations of ESSL including but not limited to assisting with store and warehouse operations.
- Assist with other operational areas that include market research, logistics and timely delivery of goods.
- Assist with marketing and other events where necessary.
- Coordinate facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons (e.g. electricians)
- Supervise janitorial staff.
- Ensures that the reception area remains clean and tidy.
- Provide general administrative support as required including photocopying, faxing, mailing etc.
Job Requirements Knowledge/Experience
- Five CXC O’ Level passes inclusive of Math and English.
- Diploma in Business Administration will be considered an asset
- A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to interact with other business units and other members of the organisation in a professional and effective manner.
- Strong organizational skills, reliable, autonomous and ability to handle multiple requests in order of priority.
- Proven ability to convey key messages in a concise and clear manner.
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentially in the performance of duties.
- Adaptable and agile. Able to work effectively in a very fast paced environment.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Proven teamwork and cooperation.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
Interested persons please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Administrative Assistant Call us at +1 758 458 1010 Ext. 2126/2106