Excellent Stores Saint Lucia Limited (ESSL) - Accounting Supervisor
TITLE: Accounting Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Country Manager
LOCATION: Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
TYPE: Full Time
Excellent Stores Saint Lucia Limited (ESSL) is seeking a highly efficient and organized Accounting Supervisor. Reporting to the Country Manager, the Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for the accurate recording and reconciliation of accounting data in a timely and efficient manner across various companies within the Excellent Group.
- Review, reconciliation and posting of ESSL end of day statements.
- Work with the Trinidad Accounting Team to ensure the timely processing of Foreign Accounts Payables.
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Accurate recording and reconciliation of intercompany trade and financing transactions.
- Support the Trinidad accounting operations as assigned.
- Assist in the preparation of year end audit working papers.
- Review and prepare monthly financial statements for ESSL, its subsidiaries and other associated companies to be used in monthly and annual analytical reports.
- Analyze financial information to recommend efficiencies in the use of company resources.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
Tax Compliance and Statutory Reports
- Calculation of and preparation of all required tax and statutory remittances on a timely basis e.g. VAT, Payroll, NIC, Corporate taxes and associated levies.
- Receive and verify invoices for the receiving of goods and services.
- Verify that transactions comply with accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate entry of invoices in order to process payments.
- Prepare manual cheques when required.
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files.
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files both electronic and physical.
- Ensure monthly up to date account statements are sent to customers.
- Review Bank Statements and conduct Bank Reconciliations to ensure receipts are cleared into bank accounts.
- Responsible for accurate data entry of deposit slips and posting of payments received.
- Responsible for following up on the collection of due amounts.
- Prepare account receivable reports.
- Monitor customer accounts and aged receivable reports for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Completed ACCA Level 1 or CAT.
- Five (5) O’Level passes including Math and English.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an accounting environment.
- Proficiency in the use of Accounting Software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment of change.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing environments and changing priorities.
- Ability to prioritise and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Accurate numeracy skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentially in the performance of duties.
- Must be flexible, honest and reliable.
- Must be pro-active, highly motivated, with great enthusiasm and proven team player.
Interested persons please forward resume to:
Subject: Accounting Supervisor