Excellent Stores - CSR/Porter
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
LOCATION: Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
TYPE: Seasonal Contract
Purpose: The CSR/ Porter/ will provide the highest level of customer service to customers within the St. Lucia Branch in addition to contributing to the efficient operation of the Branch.
- Assist in efficiently offloading containers, pricing, and packing of merchandise.
- Safely sort and pack both local and foreign stock in the Branch, in a systematic order.
- Assist with the cycle counting for all stock within the Branch.
- Handle goods with care, whether in pulling goods, packing goods and labeling goods.
- Ensure items that are not in stock, not labeled, or damaged are reported to the Manager/Supervisor or Branch Inventory Clerk.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service, ensuring that every customer is acknowledged and greeted, giving the personal touch, calling customer by name, if known.
- Asks questions to determine customer’s needs and suggests alternatives in the case that the specific item is not available.
- Lift boxes and assist with customer purchases, in and out the store.
- Effectively upsells products.
- Handle customer complaints promptly and with tact and diplomacy. Asks appropriate questions to get to the root of the problem and suggest alternative solutions.
- Troubleshoot returned merchandise from customers, diagnose problem, provide recommendations for problem resolution and or repair/replacement recommendation.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all products within the store, especially in assigned area.
- Be able to identify slow or fast moving items, ensuring that products are properly displayed, priced, coded, and clean. Signage must relate to products displayed.
- Ensure clean trolleys and baskets are readily available for customer use.
- Always up to date with current specials and promotions, whether in store or online.
- Three CXC O’level passes including Math and English is preferred
- Ability to physically lift heavy items
- Attention to detail.
- Sales and customer service attitude. Able to upsell and cross-sell.
- Strong communication skills, excellent listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to diffuse ‘difficult’ situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced manual labour environment is an asset
- Professionalism over the phone and in-person
- Well groomed and model of good behaviour
- Excellent attendance and punctuality record.
Interested persons please forward resume to: email@example.com
Subject: CSR/Porter– St. Lucia
Call us at +1 868 225-1010 Ext. 2126/2106
Fax#- +1 868 671-2070