EASTERN CARIBBEAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY (ECTEL) - COMMUNICATIONS and MEDIA RELATIONS MANAGER
EASTERN CARIBBEAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY (ECTEL)
POST OF COMMUNICATIONS and MEDIA RELATIONS MANAGER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment to the post of COMMUNICATIONS and MEDIA RELATIONS MANAGER with the Eastern Caribbean Telecommunications Authority (ECTEL) at its Headquarters located in Saint Lucia.
Under the general direction of the Managing Director, the COMMUNICATIONS and MEDIA RELATIONS MANAGER shall be expected to plan, develop and implement effective communications and outreach strategies to improve operational outcomes, raise awareness and understanding about, and promote/enhance the image of ECTEL.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensuring the strategic and timely flow of information and key messages about ECTEL and the NTRCs, its operations and work with key external stakeholders and internal audiences;
- Researching, writing and/or overseeing the preparation, production and dissemination of routine and complex outreach products (media packets, news releases, articles, radio/TV/online broadcasts, power point presentations, brochures, speeches, websites etc.) that promote the image of ECTEL and the NTRCs.
- Preparing and managing ECTEL for press conference and media interviews;
- Developing ECTEL's online and Social Media strategy in order to increase awareness, improve its image, and monitoring its online and social media presence;
- Providing regular communication support and guidance to ECTEL and the NTRCs.
- Managing enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations;
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns;
- Speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations.
- Initiating and maintaining effective professional relations with key internal and external stakeholders including regional/national organisations, regulatory agencies, governments, ICT and development agencies.
- Monitoring and analysing media coverage, current events and public and press opinion;
- Identifying opportunities for and building strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to improve dialogue and outreach and to strengthen ECTEL’s overall effectiveness and image.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field, with at least five (5) years’ relevant experience in the areas outlined;
- Demonstrated knowledge and applied work experience with social media, media channels and tools;
- Proven writing, editing and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral;
- Strong Interpersonal skills;
- Research/analytical skills;
- Persuasion and Critical thinking;
- Functional proficiency in planning, developing and implementing communication strategy;
- Strong understanding of social media standards and effective use of social media, information channels and tools;
- Creativity at optimizing content, navigating social platforms, digital tools and technological capabilities;
- Content development and style editing, including social media capabilities;
- Relationship Management and Political awareness;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to work independently and in teams with cross-functional relationships;
- Strong computer skills – use of Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet etc.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The successful applicant will be offered a permanent position following the satisfactory completion of the probation period
The compensation package is set at Grade P3, is free of income tax, and includes housing, communication and vehicle allowances.
The successful applicant will be based at the ECTEL’s Headquarters located in Saint Lucia and entitled to a relocation grant and baggage allowances if recruited outside the duty station.
Please visit the website, www.ectel.int and click on “About Us” and “Career Opportunities” or follow the link to apply https://ectel.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=4
Applications should be accompanied by curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of two (2) referees, along with certified copies of relevant certificates.
The closing date for receipt of applications 27th MARCH 2020.