A fast paced Shipping Company is currently seeking a reputable candidate for the position of Customs Clerk
Application Deadline: 26 April 2019
Location – La Tourney Commercial Zone, Vieux Fort
Position: Part time with the opportunity for full time employment
Job Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Prepare and process import and export documentation according to customs regulations, laws, or procedures.
- Clear goods through customs and ensure delivery to their respective outlet.
- Perform examinations of cargo with customs at air and sea ports
- Pay or arrange for payment of relevant taxes and duties on goods cleared.
- Calculate customs duties and other relevant charges on each shipment to be cleared.
- Update customs charges on customer accounts and orders within 24hrs of goods being cleared
- Request or compile necessary import documentation, such as invoices, certificates of origin, and licenses that may be required for customs clearance
- Classify goods using the relevant and correct tariff codes
- Keep management informed on all import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements, quotas, or other customs-related matters.
- Maintain customs prepayment account at an adequate level
- Manage all Customs related costs such as Overtime, travel and other expenses to keep at a minimum
- Examine product information to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Estimate duties on goods as required by management
- Ensure that all entries are paid in a timely manner
- Maintain proper records of all imports and exports ensuring that all documents are properly filed and kept in good order
- Undertake customs examination of shipments that arrive via air and sea ports as required by customs
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
· At least 5 Years’ customs brokerage experience. Experience working with a courier service will be an asset
· Knowledge in customs entry procedures, classification, valuation, rates of duty as well as all taxes and fees applicable for imported merchandise
· Be Qualified/Trained in the use of Asycuda++; posess sound knowledge and experience working with Asycuda++ to prepare customs entries and other relevant documents needed for clearance
· Be knowledgeable of various means by which goods can be cleared for commercial and personal effects; possess experience working with bond facilities
· Be honest, strong and dedicated individual capable of efficiently working as a team-member or independently.
· Have sound knowledge of Customs Laws & Procedures
If you are ready to join our energetic and fast paced work environment, send in your application email@example.com
(Please mention the Job Title in your email)
Only suitable applications will be acknowledged.