Caribbean Grains Limited - Baker
Summary: Caribbean Grains Limited is a local manufacturer of both white and whole wheat flour and animal feed. We are currently seeking a Baker who will be responsible for testing the different types of flour and providing technical assistance to our various partners. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Mixing, preparing and baking bread, pastries, etc.
- Follow existing recipes.
- Monitor oven temperatures, speed settings, mixing machines, and other baking equipment.
- Ensure food surfaces and baking equipment meet all health and safety standards.
- Evaluate ingredients and food for quality.
- Provide reports/ feedback on the finished product.
- Liaise with consultant bakers where necessary.
- Conduct site visits at customer locations and provide technical assistance in the handling of the flour.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent with good math, language and reading skills.
- At least one year’s experience as a baker, baker’s assistant, chef or related field.
- Must be in possession of a valid health card.
- Ability to read and follow recipes.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Physically able to stand, sit, move, squat, walk, and climb during the course of the shift.
- Physically able to lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com no later than 30th September 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.