Bay Gardens Resorts - Housekeeping Supervisor
Job Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper
Supervise, direct and coordinate all housekeeping functions in guest rooms, laundry and public areas to maintain the highest level of cleanliness, hygiene and attractiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Check room attendants’ carts/baskets to ensure that they are stocked in accordance with departmental standards.
- Ensure that night room attendants and housemen are provided with all supplies needed to perform their functions.
- Floor, laundry and public areas supervision.
- Check all vacant rooms and notify the Executive Housekeeper and the Front Office immediately of rooms shown vacant which are occupied.
- Check rooms that are reported as check outs but still have luggage and report to Front Office.
- Check all public areas, e.g. lobby, meeting rooms, public restrooms, room attendants’ closets, which are within the assigned area to ensure that they are clean and free of equipment.
- Inspect check out rooms to ensure that they are prepared in accordance to standards before they are approved for occupancy. Notify the Executive Housekeeper and the Front Office when they are satisfactory and available.
- Inspect ALL rooms DAILY to ensure that room attendants and house men are performing their duties efficiently. The Room Quality Control Checklist must be used to evaluate the room objectively.
- Supervise the completion of short notice requests for room changes.
- Ensure that all employees assigned to a shift are present.
- Ensure that employees keep the laundry room and equipment clean and organized.
- Maintain equipment preventative and routine maintenance records.
- Check supply levels.
- Give job training when evidence indicates it is needed.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and new management techniques.
- Assist room attendants in emergencies.
- Return room keys/cards left by guests.
- Notify Maintenance via Work Order of any repairs needed.
- Report all accidents or incidents to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Forward all Lost and Found to the Front Office/Housekeeping Office.
- Check equipment at the end of all shifts. Ensure they are clean and properly stored. Check all unused supplies
- Must be able to understand and communicate oral/written instructions in English.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, supervise, inspect and evaluate work of subordinates.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Prior experience in a related role in a 4 or 5 Star resort for a minimum of two (2) years is required
Persons interested in joining our growing team may submit their applications to email@example.com no later than Friday 14th June 2019. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.