Bay Gardens Resorts - Duty Manager
Department - Administration
Job Title - Duty Manager
Reports To - General Manager
The successful candidate will oversee all property operations during the evening shift; ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality & service are provided and representing property management in resolving any guest or property related situations.
Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all departments.
- Ensure all employees are in proper uniform and are properly groomed (as per grooming standards in employee handbook).
- Ensure employees are working in a safe environment.
- Assist in the response and resolution of all guest concerns and inquiries.
- Work with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest concerns.
- Promote teamwork and improved employee morale.
- Be well informed of the daily activities/events, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests.
- Check accommodations, ensuring that any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations.
- Always maintain a professional and high-quality service-oriented environment.
- Occasionally assist guests with their luggage.
- Must work closely with the all departments to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
- Be aware of and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures.
- Report any suspicious persons, activities and/or hazardous conditions to the General Manager.
- Oversee the Security Department – overseeing all hiring, scheduling, training, disciplinary and training activities.
Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Able to speak French and/or Patois is required.
Personable, customer centric and results driven with an engaging and charming personality.
High School or equivalent education required. Associates’ or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Minimum of 4 years’ experience in guest services, front office or related professional field in a supervisory or managerial capacity for a 4 or 5 Star property.
Property Management Software experience required.
Applications may be sent to email@example.com no later than Friday 14th September 2018. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.