Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Accountant, Water & Sewerage
Company Inc. (WASCO).
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful applicant will be required to;
Main Duties and Responsibilities
(1) Manage the payroll functions to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
(2) Management of all company fixed assets.
(3) Ensure company records are kept in a manner that facilitates retrieval for internal and external
(4) Conduct periodic performance appraisals for direct reports and assessing roles to advise relevance
(5) Supervision of the payroll unit and cashiers.
(6) Ensure that all payroll related and other assigned reconciliations and reports are reviewed and
submitted in a timely manner.
(7) Develop and maintain a system for tracking and recording fixed assets acquisitions and dispositions.
(8) Track costs into fixed assets database and close accounts upon completion of project.
Educational/Skills & Experience
Qualified Accountant with internationally recognized professional qualification (ACCA,
CGA, CPA, CFA).
Five (5) years of professional working experience in a computerized accounting environment.
Experience at a Supervisory or Managerial Level.
Knowledge of finance, payroll and fixed assets.
Desirable Specialized Technique/Knowledge
Knowledge of tax and other statutory regulations
Experience working in a unionized environment
Knowledge of Accounting, payroll, fixed assets and cash collection
Knowledge of Project Accounting.
Ability to communicate with staff at all levels
Excellent reporting and team-building skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ability to motivate staff
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
The deadline for submission of applications is 21st February 2020 and should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
Water and Sewerage Company Inc
P.O. Box 1481
NB: Applications may also be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Unsuitable candidates will not be acknowledged. Candidates meeting the minimum
qualifications and experience may not be considered for an interview. Only the
candidates with the best qualifications and experience will be shortlisted for interview.