Vacancy - Trainers/Lecturers
A newly start up academy is seeking suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the post of Trainers/Lecturers.
The trainer/lecturer will be expected to deliver the highest level of safety training, operating and basic maintenance of heavy equipment training to the students which will enhance their knowledge and productivity. In addition the trainer/Lecturer will design, organize, implement and conduct training programs according to syllabus provided by the Academy. The trainer will be responsible to ensure the highest level of training which corresponds to TVET’s requirements and will also be responsible for ensuring the delivery and the professional design of the academy’s courses. The instructor will identify course aims and objectives and deliver an effective training program using the academy’s and TVET’s best practice methodology.
- Implements training curriculum in collaboration with the Administrator and prepare pre assessment and post assessment relative to the objective of the relevant syllabus
- Teaches required basic road construction standards and safety regulations
- Maintains adherence to the academy’s standards and timeliness in regards to training
- Required to supervise tutors and students on the field/site
- Executes all training tasks on time and in a professional manner
- Submits required reports/forms in a timely manner to administrator
- Attends meetings when required to do so.
- Reviews course content and objectives
- Evaluates students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and informs students in a timely manner
- Works with key personnel to develop class schedule
- Prepares activity report of training conducted by tutors by summarizing and documenting equipment demonstrations
- Work with administrator to identify training gaps and their resolution.
- High level of Interpersonal skills
- Qualified as a trained teacher from Sir Arthur Lewis Community College or from a recognized institution.
- High proficiency in PC based applications (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint)
- High level of Leadership/professional communication skills
- Knowledge of general maintenance of heavy equipment and/or general construction site safety requirements
Experience: At least two-three years teaching experience at a Secondary or Tertiary institution
Deadline to submit all applications is May 10th, 2019 at 5:00 pm. Applications received after this time will not be acknowledged. Please note that only applicants who have been shortlisted will be contacted. Interested persons should send their applications and CV to email@example.com along with two references and copies of certificates.