Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
The Courier/Driver is responsible for ensuring the effective transport and pick up of packages, documents, mail, etc. in an effective and timely manner. The incumbent will also be required to transport and or run errands as requested by the Directors.
- Operate vehicle for the collection and delivery of items such as mail, documents, packages, supplies, products, materials and other items within the limits specified by the Company. Vehicle to be used for company business only-exceptions are with the approval of the Manager. Any offences e.g. traffic, parking tickets, accidents, will be the responsibility of the driver and not the company.
- Drive with care and obey all traffic and road safety rules and regulations according to the laws of St. Lucia and Excellent Stores Limited (ESL’s) policies and procedures.
- Perform the delivery tasks and pick-up of material in a polite, resourceful and professional manner.
- Receive messages or materials to be delivered, and information on recipients, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and delivery instructions, communicated via telephone or in person.
- Obtain signatures and payments, or arrange for recipients to make payments.
- Maintain delivery records - Record information, such as items received and delivered and recipients' responses to messages.
- Ensure documents are delivered and entered accurately.
- Handle goods with care, whether in pulling goods, packing goods, loading goods into or out of vehicle and taking precautions with fragile/hazardous goods or equipment etc.
- Unload and sort items collected along delivery routes.
- Assist the Branch with off-loading of goods.
- Assist with Warehouse stocking as needed.
- Assist with coordinating a schedule for pick up and drop off of Directors or any other passengers.
- Transport and or run errands as requested by the Directors or designate in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintain passenger confidence by keeping information strictly confidential.
- Possess Valid Drivers’ Permit.
- Clean driving record.
- Appearance and Health - must be in good physical condition and general health as some packages can include heavier boxes. In addition, good eye sight and balance is important. Must wear clean clothing (and uniform as provided) and be well groomed.
- Must be professional at all times as he/she is representing the company.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Confidential – as some information in his/her care could be confidential information.
- Good customer service skills.
- Organizational Skills – must know the general geographic area and be able to follow and obtain directions. Must keep records on received items and deliveries, and must be able to relay messages to the appropriate people.
- Ability to manage time and routes for a streamlines delivery process.
- Reliable, deadline oriented, flexible
Email To: email@example.com
Subject: St. Lucia - Courier *
*Please ensure to highlight in your subject the position and location you’re applying for. For example "St. Lucia - Cleaner"