Vacancy - Cafeteria Customer Service Representative, Cafeteria Kitchen Assistant & Pastry Chef
Job opportunity- Cafeteria establishment job opportunity
Catering establishment in the North of the north of the Island is seeking suitably qualified candidates to join its team.
Cafeteria customer service Representative:
The successful candidate must be outgoing to work independently and must have the skills to successfully operate and manage the Cafeteria retail area serving specialty cakes, breads and pastries, snacks, hot and cold beverages and to create healthy smoothies,
This role is also responsible to provide excellent customer service, and assist with catering and events, ensuring overall clean upkeep of the serving area consistently maintaining health and safety standards. To process all customer orders and inventory to achieve a balance report at the end of the shift.
Knowledge/ skills/ education required
- High school education
- Strong interpersonal skills- strong customer service skills oriented
- Must be able to obtain a valid health card.
- Advance computer skills, practical knowledge in point of sales program would be a plus
- Hands on experience in similar setting would be an advantage
- Strong sales ability to promote menu offerings
- Must be very reliable, time management
- Hospitality experience in related field would be an advantage, working experienced in a food and beverage service environment would be a plus.
- Strong customer service skills-
- Problem solving skills
- Strong leaders ship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Multitask ability & flexible, ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, including weekends & holidays
- Strong team player, ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to plan and co-ordinate events would be a plus
- Must be able to follow instructions
Cafeteria Kitchen assistant:
Summary of position
The applicant must have a positive mindset to adapt and grow with the position. Must have strong stewarding skills and is trainable and passionate about pastry and baking to provide general support to the kitchen team ensuring the cleanliness and health and safety standards of the kitchen, is maintained.
- Formal hospitality training would be a plus.
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong team player, must be able to follow instructions
- Must have a strong passion for cooking and pastry & baking and is willing to learn.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to transfer light to heavy kitchen goods
- Must be flexible
- Multi task ability.
- Must be reliable
- Must be dependable.
- Must have the ability to follow instructions
- Must be able to obtain a valid health card.
- Must be able to work on varied shifts, including weekends.
- A valid driver’s license would be a plus
The following will be considered in selecting the successful candidate to fill in the position.
The candidate must be versatile, and must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment Strong leadership skills and must have the ability to assist in managing the café type cuisine independently & cost effectively, maintaining health and safety standards.
Must be creative and passionate about cooking and must have hands on practical experience to create various types of breads, desserts, cakes, including cake decorating, pastries, hors d’oeuvres pizzas, snacks and catering menu to include healthy menu options, with an international and local twist.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in culinary arts, cooking or related field.
- Strong organizational Skills, effective Verbal & written Communication, basic computer skills
- Problem solving skills, Creativity, strong Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of the operating functions of kitchen equipment, tools, & appliances.
- Menu planning-Ability to create a menu maintaining expected food cost target.
- Ability to manage inventory of all products, supplies, food ingredients, for purchasing.
- Assist with managing productivity,
- Cost management
- Ability to perform tasks, ensuring that cleanliness health and safety standards of the kitchen are always maintained
Experience: Considerable hands on experience in producing bakery items, creating various cakes and pastries, cake decorating skills and flexible in preparation of meals to the required standard of the operation.
Requirements: Must be able to obtain valid health card.
Must be flexible to work varied shifts including weekends and public holidays valid driver’s license would be an advantage
Deadline to submit all applications is March 16 2020.
Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged
Interested persons are asked to email applications and resume to the email address below