Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
Department Human Resource Department
Job Title Human Resource Manager
Reports To Executive Director
Position Summary The ideal candidate will oversee the daily operations of the Human Resource
Department with oversight for all human resource related areas including
recruitment, employee relations, employee benefits and labour relations.
The roles and responsibilities of this position will comprise of but not be limited
to the following list:
• Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job
descriptions for all positions as required.
• Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating and
recommending human resource policies and procedures.
• Maintain historical human resource records by maintaining a filing and
retrieval system which keeps past and current records.
• Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by
coordinating training for managers to enable them to coach and discipline
employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling
employees and supervisors.
• Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits
by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommend benefit
programs to management; direct the processing of benefit claims.
• Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable
human resource state requirements; conducting investigations;
maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
• Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and
conducting job evaluations; recommending, planning, and implementing
pay structure revisions.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal
networks and participating in professional societies.
• Maintain the organization’s human resource by recruiting, selecting,
orienting and training employees.
• Counsel and discipline employees; plan, monitor and appraise job results.
• To ensure that the company HR operational policies and processes are
adhered to and continually improved.
• Assist in all activities concerning the sourcing & recruitment of staff,
performance management, staff discipline and HR administration.
• Coordinate and/or conduct departmental training and conduct new hire
• Oversee the planning, coordinating and executing of employee activities
Skills Ability to communicate clearly and accurately: verbally and in writing
Effective listening skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to prioritize work under pressure and meet deadlines
Demonstrated skills in database management, time management, record keeping
Sound knowledge of the St. Lucia Labour Act
Minimum qualification – Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a
focus on Human Resource Management or comparable certification.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Human Resource Manager or similar role.
Applications may be sent to email@example.com no later than Monday 21st
February 2022. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.