A project which seeks to improve the environment for children and teachers at the Piaye Combined School has taken flight.
With the help of the Government of Japan through its Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects, the Piaye Combined School will seek to build new washroom and lunchroom facilities, as well as renovate the staffroom with a grant of US$62,189.
In a ceremony on January 16, the acting principal of the Piaye Combined School said the health and safety of students and staff is paramount. Another priority is to promote a healthy eating environment and reduce risks of infectious diseases. In keeping with this, a lunch area with lunch tables will be constructed under the project.
Parliamentary representative for Choiseul/Saltibus, Hon. Bradly Felix, expressed gratitude to the government and people of Japan for the assistance. HE Ambassador Tatsuo Hirayama from the Embassy of Japan said the project will improve access to a quality education.
The aim of the Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects is to provide financial assistance to non-profit, development-oriented organizations to implement community development projects, which directly benefits people at a grassroots level.
Top Posts & Pages
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort - Vacancies Deadline for Application is Friday February 28, 2020.
- Island Style Interiors - Customer Service Representative DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Wednesday, February 26th 2020.
- Vacancy - Tour Guides
- Excellent Stores Saint Lucia Limited (ESSL) - Administrative Assistant
- Events Saint Lucia - Vacancies Deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday 26th February 2020
- The Career Centre - Sales Manager - Insurance Application Deadline: March 5th, 2020
- Dax Wholesale & Retail - CASHIERS & PORTER/MEAT PORTERS
- Royal Palm Grill & Bar Restaurant - Cook, Waitress/Waiters & Floor Supervisor DEADLINE FOR APPLYING MARCH 4th, 2020