The Castries Market Redevelopment Project is moving ahead with the commencement of phase one.
Effective Monday next week the Provisions Market Vendors will be temporarily relocated to the Old Fire Service Headquarters site on Jeremie Street. The necessary preparations, including installation of security lockers and washroom facilities, are now complete.
On Wednesday May 14, 2019, the Office of the Mayor held a site visit with vendors, as part of ongoing consultations. Each of the daily provisions vendors will receive a relocation stipend of EC$500.00 to assist with the temporary move. Vendors are also assured of 24-hour security, proper lighting and other amenities at the temporary site. The aim is to ensure proper accommodation and market access for vendors, recognizing that they are important players in trade and national development.
The Holiday Taxi operators have also been relocated to the left side of the William Peter Boulevard on cruise ship days, as well as to the Canaries bus stand adjacent to the La Clery Bus stop. Motorists and the general public are encouraged to monitor the various traffic and directional signs posted for public safety.
The Castries Market Redevelopment Project will be officially launched next week. It encompasses a state of the art food court, high-end air conditioned restaurants, a craft market, box park, viewing tower, entertainment area, meat and fish depots, duty-free shopping boutiques and much more.
Top Posts & Pages
- KM²Solutions St. Lucia - Customer Service Representatives
- Vacancy - Restaurant Positions (Rodney Bay)
- CBN St Lucia Inc - Studio Production Supervisor by November 25th, 2019
- Vacancy - Restaurant positions
- La Haut Resort - Housekeeper/Housemaid
- Memory Bank Computers St. Lucia LTD - Business Development Executive no later than 22nd November 2019.
- Harbor Club - Manager of Events & Purchasing Manager
- CBN St Lucia Inc. - Studio Production Assistant by November 25th, 2019