by Ministry of Infrastructure
The Ministry of Infrastructure, Ports, Energy and Labour is this year spearheading the observance of Energy Awareness Month 2019, under the theme “Empowering People, Building Resilience.”
Saint Lucia is noted for being the region’s pioneer in the observance of Energy Awareness Week (EAW). The EAW model was adopted by CARICOM and observed by all CARICOM member states under the title “CARICOM Energy Week.” In 2015, Saint Lucia again pioneered the change from Energy Awareness Week to Energy Awareness Month (EAM) which was subsequently adopted by CARICOM in 2016 and observed as CARICOM Energy Awareness Month. It is held in November of each year.
The observance aids in the promotion of national education and awareness on sustainable energy initiatives, and also in the advancement of the use of sustainable energy technologies.
For the month, a suite of national commemorative activities has been organized. These activities include a Solar Lamp Training Programme for secondary schools on November 6, an Electric-Mobility and Road Safety Workshop from November 18 to 22, and the annual private sector Energy Fair on November 27.
The Ministry of Infrastructure encourages the public to support the various activities.
Top Posts & Pages
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort - Vacancies Deadline for Application is Friday February 28, 2020.
- Island Style Interiors - Customer Service Representative DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Wednesday, February 26th 2020.
- Vacancy - Tour Guides
- Excellent Stores Saint Lucia Limited (ESSL) - Administrative Assistant
- Events Saint Lucia - Vacancies Deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday 26th February 2020
- The Career Centre - Sales Manager - Insurance Application Deadline: March 5th, 2020
- Dax Wholesale & Retail - CASHIERS & PORTER/MEAT PORTERS
- Royal Palm Grill & Bar Restaurant - Cook, Waitress/Waiters & Floor Supervisor DEADLINE FOR APPLYING MARCH 4th, 2020