Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Economic Growth, Job Creation, External Affairs and the Public Service, Hon. Allen Chastanet, went before Parliament on Tuesday to seek approval for the Government of Saint Lucia to borrow USD$6 million from the International Development Association for the OECS Regional Health Project.
The project seeks to enhance the country’s capacity to adapt to and mitigate against the impact of climate change across the OECS region.
Prime Minister Chastanet said the request is in response to demand for financial support for the preparedness of public health emergencies expressed by Saint Lucia, Dominica, Grenada and St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The project consists of four components. Component three will cover institutional capacity, and building project management coordination; while component four covers the continued emergency response component (CERC) which aims to provide intermediate funding in the event of an emergency such as a disease outbreak.
In Saint Lucia, the regional project will be implemented through the established implementation unit, PIU, within the Ministry of Health and Wellness, which is currently implementing the 2018 approved Health Systems Strengthening Project.
The House of Assembly met on Tuesday, November 26.
Top Posts & Pages
- Vacancy - Sales Assistant
- KM2 Solutions Saint Lucia - Recruiter Deadline date for Submission of Application – August 5th, 2020
- Blue Waters St. Lucia Ltd - Marketing Coordinator by Friday 14th August, 2020
- Blue Waters St. Lucia Ltd - Accounts Officer by Friday 14th August, 2020.
- Blue Waters St. Lucia Ltd - Temporary Cleaner by Friday 07th August, 2020.
- Sales Representative St Lucia Business Online
- Water & Sewerage Company Inc (WASCO) - Chief Operations Officer deadline for the submission of applications is Friday August 14th, 2020
- Vacancy – Marketing Director Partnership Deadline for receipt of applications is August 10th, 2020
- East Winds - Security Officer Deadline: August 14th 2020
- Resort Vacancies (Soufriere) - Various Positions Deadline for Submission August 30th 2020.