SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico, Tuesday January 7, 2020 – At least one person is said to have been killed when a 6.4 magnitude earthquake hit Puerto Rico this morning, following a 5.8 magnitude quake yesterday.
And the Seismic Research Centre (SRC) at the University of the West Indies’ St Augustine Campus in Trinidad and Tobago says the region must be prepared.
The 6.4 quake struck at 4:24 a.m., with its centre located about 8 km south of the southern town of Indios, and was followed by several aftershocks, including two of magnitude 5.6.
Power outages and damage have been reported, including in the city of Ponce, where 73-year-old Nelson Martínez was killed when an inner wall that was under construction in his house collapsed. There has been structural damage to roads and bridges, especially in the southwestern part of the island.
Top Posts & Pages
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort - Vacancies Deadline for Application is Friday February 28, 2020.
- Island Style Interiors - Customer Service Representative DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Wednesday, February 26th 2020.
- Vacancy - Tour Guides
- Excellent Stores Saint Lucia Limited (ESSL) - Administrative Assistant
- Events Saint Lucia - Vacancies Deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday 26th February 2020
- The Career Centre - Sales Manager - Insurance Application Deadline: March 5th, 2020
- Dax Wholesale & Retail - CASHIERS & PORTER/MEAT PORTERS
- Royal Palm Grill & Bar Restaurant - Cook, Waitress/Waiters & Floor Supervisor DEADLINE FOR APPLYING MARCH 4th, 2020