National Insurance Corporation – Inspector
The National Insurance Corporation is seeking to fill the position of Inspector to complement its team of Inspectors at its Southern Branch Office.
Summary of Duties:
To undertake activities to ensure that Employers comply with the relevant provisions of legislation governing the operations of the National Insurance Corporation and to conduct benefit claims investigations.
The successful candidate will be required inter alia to perform the following duties:
- Conduct audits in accordance with the approved audit program.
- Conduct investigations, interview and review benefit claims.
- Confirm application for self employed registration and Life Certificates when necessary
- Advise employees and employers of their NIC responsibilities and provide assistance to them where necessary.
- Verify operating status of employers.
- Represent the NIC in court as required, in cases relating to matters of compliance.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least an undergraduate Degree in Accounting or equivalent discipline.
- At least 3 years working experience in accounting, auditing or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualities:-
- Ability to interpret the NIC Act and Regulations.
- Ability to work with little supervision and to function effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to interpret the financial statements of contributing companies and to negotiate payment agreements with employers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Coaching, counseling, negotiating and conflict resolutions skills.
- Must be self driven and results oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- A valid driver’s license.
Application Procedure: Applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualifications and two referees, should be addressed to :
The Human Resource Manager Position of Inspector National Insurance Corporation Francis Compton Building Waterfront, Castries
Deadline for submission of applications is March 25, 2019. Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.