National Insurance Corporation - Deputy Director
The National Insurance Corporation is seeking to fill the position of Deputy Director to complement its management team at its Head Office in Castries.
- To assist the Director in the performance of his or her duties in accordance with Section 12(2) of the National Insurance Corporation Act;
- To oversee the strategic planning process;
- To support the Board and management in promoting sound risk governance while ensuring an effective risk management framework is maintained;
- To spearhead the implementation and monitoring of recommendations towards fostering a continuous improvement culture within the Organization;
- To perform the duties of Director in his or her absence as directed by the Board in accordance with the National Insurance Corporation Act.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead and drive the continuous improvement process throughout the organization in consultation with the Director through the implementation of management audit recommendations including but not limited to:
- Monitor the Strategic Plan;
- Map the strategic ecosystem landscape – identify stakeholders and link with strategy;
- Implement a strategy radar - formalize existing tracking and institute systems following strategy development;
- Engender a culture of innovation and participation as Chairperson of the Innovations Committee;
- Act as change agent to facilitate a continuous improvement culture throughout the organization
- Facilitate the NIC adopting the practice of change management;
- Establish metrics as needed and monitor performance and improvements in key metrics
- Review NIC’s annual performance vis-a-vis the actuarial recommendations;
- Ensure the development of relevant policies inclusive of the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy;
- Responsibility for ensuring the adherence to acceptable business ethics within the organization;
- Establish and maintain lines of communication to facilitate effective stakeholder engagement;
- Prepare necessary reports to the Director inclusive of progress reports on the projects being undertaken by the organization;
- Attend meetings of the Board as required.
Develop and implement a risk management plan and support the respective Heads of Department in the identification and reporting of risk, including;
- Coordinate the risk management activities across the organization, including quarterly risk management meetings;
- Coordinate the communication of risk results to the Audit and Risk Management Committees;
- Coordinate the annual risk assessment relating to the annual strategic planning process;
- Maintain the Risk Register;
- Ensure that there is regular reporting against the significant risk that NIC has agreed to actively manage;
- Oversee the process of reviewing and updating risk policies while recommending risk management training as necessary;
- Chair management’s Risk Management Committee and attend Group Audit Committee meetings of the Board when required.
- Serve as an Alternate for the NIC Director on the boards of subsidiaries; and
- Perform any other job-related duties duly assigned from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MBA with strong finance and/or strategy and/or change management component or comparable qualification, with at least 10 years of relevant experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of senior management experience;
- Minimum 3 years of process improvement experience in a related environment;
- Continuous improvement, quality management system, or project management training and certification a plus;
- Experience with identification of inefficiencies, process mapping, and appropriate statistical and reporting tools;
- Strong coaching, counseling and interpersonal skills;
- Committed to continuous personal development;
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualifications and two referees,
should be addressed to: -
The Human Resources Manager Position of Deputy Director National Insurance Corporation Francis Compton Building Waterfront Castries
Deadline for applications is January 4th, 2019.
Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.