National Fairtrade Organization St. Lucia - Accounts Officer 1
To assist the Accounts Officer by providing financial information and protecting the assets of the company through maintaining proper internal controls and developing cost control procedures that are effective, in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
Major Duties will include:
- To ensure the Company’s bank accounts are promptly and accurately reconciled
- To carry out key reconciliations and ensure related internal controls are operating efficiently and effectively and to assist in coordinating the Company’s credit control functions ensuring that credit policies, procedures and objectives are met
- Provide assistance to the Accounting Officer in administering the Company’s financial and management system
- To maintain the company’s Fixed Asset Register (FAR)
- Maintenance of Accounts Receivable sub ledger
- Provide assistance to management in reviewing the work of the Accounts officer
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Pursuing/Completed at least Level 2 ACCA/CGA or other accounting qualification
- Diploma or Associate Degree in Business Management from a recognized institution with at least 2 years’ experience in a computerized accounting environment
- Working knowledge of Quick Books accounting software.
- Intermediate Excel Skills and other Attributes Required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently with minimum supervision
Applicant must be a strong team player, well organized with excellent time management; able to work under pressure and maintain a high level of accuracy and thoroughness, flexible and reliable. Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience.
A Resume/Curriculum Vitae with three (3) listed references and certified copies of qualifications should be submitted no later than May 3rd, 2018.
Application should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to P.O Box 743 Castries.