Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) - Administrative Officer
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Saint Lucia Office invites applications from suitably qualified applicants for the position of National Staff as Administrative Officer. The Administrative Officer will support General Office matters with Volunteer Programme, and other programmes operated by JICA Saint Lucia Office.
Japan International Cooperation Agency: https://www.jica.go.jp/english/index.html
Summary of Duties
Facilitate coordination with government agencies, non-government agencies and other agencies in the countries of Saint Lucia, St. Vincent, Dominica and Guyana
- Liaise with these organizations to discover their requirements for ODA programmes, JICA volunteers and other projects
- Assist the organizations with volunteer requests and keep the Volunteer Coordinator informed of progress
Be Responsible for logistics
- Be Responsible for arranging meetings with relevant Government departments and organizations on behalf of JIVA, travel arrangements, survey parties and more
- Assist JICA related personnel and volunteers in obtaining housing near to their places of assignment in accordance with the bi-lateral and Guyana
- Increase visibility and awareness of JICA activities and volunteer programmes in the pubic eye through the use of traditional and social media
- Valid passport and driver’s license are necessary. US visa is a plus, but not a necessity.
- Associates degree or high Programme Development, Human Resources or related field
- At lest two (2) years experience working in these fields
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills
- Successful candidate should be knowledgeable of Japanese Overseas Development Assistance and socio-political climate in CARICOM countries
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment and to manage problems and communication issues arising from this type of environment
- Skills in administration, logistics, time-management, public relations and social media are a must
- Prior experience working with international volunteers/volunteer agencies is necessary
- Strong human network and sound work ethics
- The National Staff will be hired on a full time basis and is expected to start on May 1st, 2019 for a period of one year renewable annually based performance
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Send CV and resume to LatoyafulchereVsc.SC@jica.go.jp with “JICA National Staff” in the ‘Subject’ line of the email.
- Deadline is 23rd April, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. (-4:00GMT). Applications received after this time will be not be considered.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word format or PDF
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.