Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of IT Support Technician, Unique Vacations Limited.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology maintenance.
Reporting to the Global IT Support Lead, the successful applicant will be required to;
Main Duties and Responsibilities – IT
1. The installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
2. Works with vendor support contracts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
3. Works with network operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients
4. Interact with numerous computer platform in a multi – layered client server environment. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated file server. Email servers, application servers, and administrative systems.
5. Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software
6. Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity
7. Works with procumbent staff to purchase hardware and software
8. Assesses functional needs to determine specifications purchase
9. Assists in maintaining LAN / WAN records and as appropriate, telephone systems cable
REQUIRED EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS
1. Minimum Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field
2. Working experience in a similar capacity
3. Must have a strong focus on quality customer service, able to multitask and manage time effectively
4. Must have thorough knowledge of the safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
5. Must have problem solving and decision making skills, manual dexterity
6. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
7. Strong communication skills
The deadline for the submission of application is 31st March, 2023 and should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
Unique Vacations Limited
Norman Francis Building
P.O. Box GM 910
NB: Applications may also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsuitable candidates will not be acknowledged. Candidates meeting the minimum qualifications and experience may not be considered for an interview. Only the candidates with the best qualifications and experience will be shortlisted for interview.