Water & Sewerage Company Inc. (WASCO)
JOB TITLE: Information Technology Manager
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: General Manager
To co-ordinate the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timeliness. To oversee the implementation and maintenance of our organization’s computing needs. Responsible for managing all aspects of information technology, computer systems and electronic data operations.
• Manage the information technology and computer systems within the Water and Sewerage Company Inc. (WASCO);
• Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of security policies and procedures to support the protection of IS assets and security of WASCO data, network and internet;
• Oversee the inventory of IS hardware and software;
• Monitor, evaluate and take necessary action to improve resource utilization, deployment, production and performance; ensure the proper licensing and control of software;
• Ensure the Backup and Recovery plans are developed and maintained and oversee regular testing of plans;
• Oversee the development of and maintenance of the Company’s website;
• Manage the ongoing upgrade and replacement of desktop computers and ancillary hardware and software; including email, internet access, financial information and customer billing systems;
• Supervises all staff in the IT Department;
• Co-ordinates the implementation of the departmental work plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to effectively lead the implementation of communication and information management strategies;
• Excellent written, oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to build trust, credibility and effective working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization and with external stakeholders;
• Ability to multitask and prioritize with ease;
• Ability to effectively motivate and mobilize staff to achieve and produce required output;
• Ability to work as a team with the Water and Sewerage Company Inc. (WASCO) Senior Management Team.
Qualifications & Experience:
Relevant Post Graduate Qualifications and at least five (5) years of relevant experience
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with at least seven (7) years of relevant experience.
The deadline for submission of applications is Wednesday September 27th, 2017 and should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
Water and Sewerage Company Inc.
P O Box 1481, Castries
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.