HRWise Inc - Compliance Manager
Helvetica Merchant Bank & Trust is looking for an experienced Compliance Manager who has experience working at the management level within the financial sector to join their growing team.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Play the integral role in the design of an overall compliance framework including making recommendations for system enhancements to support compliance efforts, reviewing ad updating the risk-taking system for the client base, transactions monitoring and making amendments to risk weightings as required.
- Design and drive the AML and other related policies and procedures and regularly update same.
- Ensure the Bank adheres to and remains abreast of all local, regional and international regulations and policies concerning AML, FACTA, CRS, GDPR - giving input into the design of systems, review of forms, software to ensure adherece to same
- Ensure there are systems in place for the assessment of potential clients and implement checks and balances to safeguard the Bank against compliance failures
- Develop a monitoring program for existing clients
- Work with Operations to ensure the accurate onboarding of new clients in the system
- Responsible for receiving SARs and determining whether they should be externalized
- Assess employees’ AML training needs; facilitate the training of staff and board on an annual bassis; ensure all new staff are exposed to AML training within three months of joining the Bank
Skills & Experience
- First degree in Law/Economics/Finance/Banking or related field
- Professional Designation relating to compliance - e.g. Certifications provided by bodies such as Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAM); Certifications in Compliance/Risk Management/Governance
- At lest 7 - 10 years experience, including at least 3 years at a managerial level working within Compliance or related area, preferably within the financial services sector/offshore financial services sector/Trusts or Legal
- Sound knowledge of the laws of Saint Lucia as it relates to Anti-Money laundering and Anti-terrorist Financing, other relevant legislation governing compliance; knowledge of the legislation and operations surrounding FATCA, CRS, GDPR
- Fluency in Spanish would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Commercial awareness
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail and deadline-oriented
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated, professional and results oriented
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- Customer service oriented
If you meet these requirements, and are looking for an excellent career opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and certified copies of certificates to email@example.com with the subject “Vacancy - Compliance Manager”. Applications should be addressed to The Managing Director, HRWise Inc and submitted by 19th December 2018