Financial Service Regulatory Authority - Financial Regulator
Applications are invited for the position of Financial Regulator with the Financial Services Regulatory Authority. The principal responsibilities, specifications, associated details for the position and qualification requirements are provided below.
The successful applicant will perform the following duties and responsibilities and will be answerable to the Executive Director:
- Reviews and analyses assigned applications in respect of regulated entities;
- Conducts due diligence to determine the fit and proper test of all Directors, Shareholders and Senior Managers of Regulated Entities;
- Ensures that all necessary prudential requirements in review of applications are complied with;
- Monitors the activities of regulated entities to ensure that those activities are being performed in a prudent manner and within acceptable standards;
- Reviews and comment on the analysis of annual returns and audited financial statements to ensure that requirements of the law are satisfied;
- Plans, conducts and reports findings of on-site inspections;
- Produces statistics on the financial services sector
- Undertake any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
Professional qualification in Banking/Accounting (ACCA, CGA, CPA....) plus 3 years’ experience in the Financial Sector/Regulatory Environment or Audit.
Compensation will be commensurate with Qualifications and Experience and will be in accordance with the terms stipulated by the Board of Directors.
Suitably qualified applicants will be acknowledged and invited for an interview.
Applications with resume including the name and contact details of two referees must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked: Confidential - Application for Position of Financial Regulator, and must be sent to:
The Executive Director Financial Services Regulatory Authority 6th Floor, Francis Compton Building Waterfront CASTRIES
or By email, signed and in pdf format to: Cleon@gosl.gov.lc
Applications must reach the address above or email address by Wednesday November 7, 2018