National Farmers and General Workers Cooperative Credit Union Society Limited - Financial Controller
A s the National Farmers and General Workers Cooperative Credit Union Society Limited strengthens its standings within the Credit Movement within Saint Lucia; it seeks to recruit the following position:
The Financial Controller will be accountable to the General Manager and will be responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department. The role will also oversee the financial department staff in day-to-day operations. The Financial Controller’s position is accountable for the accounting operations of the Credit Union, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risks.
Duties and tasks include
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts and report on variances
- Manage cash flow through the preparation of a 3 month cash flow projections and by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation and generally accepted principles of international financial reporting standards.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Support month end and year close processes
- Report to the GM with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the GM in presenting reports to board members.
NFGWCCU Vieux Fort Office or any other location as determined (from time to time).
The post holder will be required to work occasionally outside normal office hours.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- ACCA or CAT from a recognized institution. With at least two (2) years’ experience in accounting position.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, or Finance from a recognized institution. With at least seven (7) years working experience in an accounting position.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Management Experience and leadership skills.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
Salary shall be commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualification and experience.
Interested applicants should apply to:
The General Manager National Farmers and General Workers Co-operative Credit Union Society Ltd. Louisville Avenue, Off Clarke Street Vieux Fort Saint Lucia, W.I.
to reach no later than 6 July 2018.
Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged.