Water and Sewerage Company Inc.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
The Finance Manager position is responsible for establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions and also oversees cost and general accounting, accounts payable, receivables, reconciliation of bank accounts, payroll and risk management.
The incumbent is required to perform the following functions among others:
• Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives and design a framework for these to be met.
• Establish and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures for the company.
• Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
• Report to the General Manager on variances from the established budget, and the reason for those variances.
• Assist Management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
• Maintain banking relationships.
• Seek out methods of minimizing financial risks to the company.
• Prepare and interpret reports, budgets, accounts and financial statements.
• Engage in ongoing cost reduction analysis in all areas of the Company.
• Trains, develop and appraises staff effectively. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resource Manager as appropriate.
• Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
• Provide insightful information and expectations to the General Manager to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
• Present financial reports to Board members and senior management in formal meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The incumbent would also be required to possess:
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Effective oral, written communication and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Analytical, technical, IT and numerical abilities
• Ability to use initiative
• Sound judgment and decision making ability
• Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the company.
• Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
• Superior project management and time management skills
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
Qualifications & Experience
• This position requires a registered ACCA Accountant with five (5) years relevant work experience in the accounting field OR Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting plus eight (8) years’ experience managing an accounting function.
Application deadline: 2nd March, 2018 and should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
Water and Sewerage Company Inc
L’Anse Road P.O. Box 1481.
OR Email: email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.