FASTCASH – Collections Officer
FASTCASH is a Caribbean born, financial institution dedicated to providing high quality and innovative macro and micro financial solutions for under-served financial markets for both Consumers and Businesses. We currently operate in nine (9) countries across the Caribbean which include Bermuda, Jamaica, the OECS and Barbados. We are searching for suitable applicants for the position of Collections Officer.
The main function of the Collection Officer is to compile and evaluate information needed in order to take appropriate action to recover debt; He/she will utilize best practice processes and techniques that are in accordance with the FastCash policies and procedures, as well as information at hand, to positively influence debtors to maximize payment of debt over the shortest period of time.
Reports to: Collections Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continuous review of non-performing categories on the software dashboard and initiates plans/strategies to bring delinquent accounts into good standing
- Contacting the customer to determine their willingness or ability to pay and negotiate agreements and settlements within the established guidelines
- Gathering necessary supporting documents and print information to maintain and update files
- Maintaining the account records, including contacts, correspondence, payments, documents and legal actions initiated or taken
- Gathering and presenting information in legal proceedings to procure legal judgements
- Giving recommendations to the Regional Collections Officer (RCO) for legal proceedings on enforcement actions
- Liaising with the RCO, Bailiffs, Attorneys and other relevant parties in the debt recovery process
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
In order to be employed at FastCash there are criterion that should be met:
- A minimum of five (5) CXC subjects. English and Mathematics are compulsory
- Experience in a similar capacity will be asset
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Interested persons are asked to apply online at www.fastcashcaribbean.com
Deadline for submission is Saturday, September 16th, 2017.
We thank all applicants; however only those to be interviewed will be contacted.