Excellent Stores - Cashier
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
LOCATION: Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
TYPE: Full Time
The Cashier will provide the highest level of customer service to customers in addition to contributing to the efficient operation of an assigned area of responsibility and/or efficiently cashing all customers’ purchases.
- Maintain a thorough understanding and adherence to procedures as outlined in the “Cashier’s Guidelines”.
- Account for all monies received in connection with cashing.
- Accurately and completely fill out daily balance sheets and balance cash at the end of the day.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service, ensuring that every customer is acknowledged and greeted, giving the personal touch, calling customer by name, if known, thanking customers for their purchase.
- Ensure that counters are adequately stocked with packaging material, register rolls etc.
- Answer customers’ questions about merchandise and provide advice to customers on merchandise selection.
- Suggest complementary items in order to cross-sell.
- Handle customer complaints promptly and with tact and diplomacy.
- Troubleshoot returned merchandise from customers, diagnose problem, provide recommendations for problem resolution and or repair/replacement recommendation.
- Maintain knowledge of all products within the store.
- Be up-to-date with current specials and promotions.
- Always up to date with current specials and promotions, whether in store or online.
- Three CXC/O’level passes including Math and English
- Ability to work with numbers.
- Attention to detail.
- Sales and customer service attitude.
- Strong communication skills, excellent listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diffuse ‘difficult’ situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Professionalism over the phone and in-person
- Well-groomed and model of good behaviour
- Excellent attendance and punctuality record.
Interested persons please forward resume to:
Subject: Cashier – St. Lucia
Call us at +1 868 225-1010 Ext. 2126/2106
Fax#- +1 868 671-2070