Edge Marketing - Graphic Designer
What We’re About
We are an experiential shop, creating memorable experiences for the coolest brands on the market. We’ve produced campaigns for amazing brands such as Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Digital Kitchen, Williams New York, CiteUp, Blue Ice Entertainment, ETV, Motion Picture Association of America, Reel City Films and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to name a few. Our explosive growth is why we need you! The Edge team knows how to get things done, and done right, but that doesn’t stop us from having a bit of fun along the way.
What This Job is About
Design and develop graphics and illustrations for use in marketing and promotional materials. Operate computer hardware and software to prepare, revise, print, and create, illustrations, graphics, and animations. Formulate concept and render illustration and detail from models, sketches, memory, written or oral instructions, and imagination. Determine the style, technique, and best suited skills to produce preferred graphic effects.
- 3+ years of experience with graphics design
- Knowledge of industry standard graphics design software including Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office among others
- Experience with motion graphics
- Video editing and photography skills
- Knowledge of creative production process
- Ability to create conceptual designs for Web pages and other print and digital media
- BA or BS degree in Graphics Arts, Web Design, Fine Arts, or Communications Arts (not a must but helpful)
What You Will Do
The Graphic Designer will produce a full range of visual materials in support of various clients’ branding and content strategies. This role is responsible for:
- Creating a variety of print and digital assets—including ads, brochures, advocacy materials, illustrations, video animations, social media graphics, web graphics, and event collateral—that engage and educate key audiences, advance the company’s strategic priorities, and support the company’s clients.
- Design and update templates for print and digital collateral.
- Respond to company-wide graphic design needs and balance varying timelines and responsibilities
- Ensure all assets and products represent the company’s global brand and that of its clients. Deliverables must be consistent with established branding and content guidelines.
- Create infographics and visual presentations that convey complicated concepts and processes in a compelling and concise way.
- Brainstorm ideas, recommend solutions, and present concepts to internal business partners.
- Manage the company’s online library of visual assets, including photography, animation, video, and artwork.
- Work directly with and serve as the primary point of contact for printers and external vendors as needed.
- Partner with freelancers and other vendors on design projects as needed.
- Monitor and stay abreast of trends and best practices in graphic design and recommend strategies to drive growth and engagement.
- Exceptional oral, written, and proofreading skills, including the ability to present information in a concise and compelling manner and receive and give constructive feedback
This position, which reports to the Creative Director, is a highly collaborative role that will work closely with internal and external partners including the Communications team; other departments, particularly Sales and Marketing, Tourism and Hospitality, Events, Legal, and Corporate Development; and vendors and freelancers working on the company’s behalf.
What You Are All About
If you want to learn how to create experiences that inspire extraordinary moments and like working in a fast paced environment, Edge Marketing might be the spot for you!
- Brand Management
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Motion Graphics
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design
If you’re someone who loves making something out of nothing, has a thirst for innovation and a keen eye for detail, this opportunity is for you. Show us what you’ve got—the ball is in your court now.
To apply now, send us your cover letter, portfolio and resume to email@example.com . Please include vacancy interest in the subject line.
Applicants who do not specify the vacancy will not be contacted. Deadline to apply is February 15, 2019 at 4:30pm EST.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Edge Marketing is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by local law. In addition, Edge Marketing will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Public Relations & Communications
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Non-profit Organizations