EASTERN CARIBBEAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY (ECTEL)
DIRECTOR OF TECHNICAL SERVICES
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment to the post of DIRECTOR OF TECHNICAL SERVICES with the Eastern Caribbean Telecommunications Authority (ECTEL) based in Saint Lucia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Technical Services shall be expected to, among other things,
- Provide policy advice to the Managing Director, Board of Directors and Council of Ministers on a range of issues in telecommunications and information and communications technologies (ICT).
- Develop policy papers and strategic plans for the development of procedures and regulations on telecommunications and ICT issues.
- Represent ECTEL at regional and internal fora and advise on matters relating to spectrum management, licensing, numbering and technical standards.
- Undertake technical evaluation of licence applications for the provision of telecommunications services.
- Undertake technical evaluations of licence breaches by providers.
- Advise the Directorate on developments relating to the trends in the telecommunications and ICT sector and on their implications for the Directorate.
- Maintain and periodically review the ECTEL Spectrum Management Plan and the ECTEL Numbering Plan, and perform the actions required to facilitate the use of the spectrum and numbering resources by providers.
- Manage the Technical Services Department, including direct supervision and development of the staff of the Department.
- Provide technical assistance and training to the NTRCs in the management of the sector.
- Liaise with other departments to facilitate the delivery of various technical functions, procurement related to ICT projects and technical training in ECTEL Member States.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The applicant should possess:
- A Masters degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering or other related field;
- At least ten years experience in the field of Telecommunications or Information and Communications Technology (ICT), with at least seven years at a senior management level;
- At least three years of working experience at a senior level in telecommunications or other similar regulatory environment;
- Knowledge of Telecommunications and Information and Communications Technology Policy Issues at the regional and global level;
- Knowledge of the operations of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), WSIS, ICANN and Telcordia would be an asset.
- Results orientated and sound decision-making ability
- Strategic leadership and management skills
- Teamwork and team building
- Influencing and partnering
- Comprehensive knowledge of Telecommunications/ ICT
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Performance management and resource management skills
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The successful applicant will be offered a permanent position following the successful completion of the probation period.
The compensation package is set at Grade P5, is free of income tax, and includes housing, communication and vehicle allowances.
The successful applicant will be based at the Authority’s Headquarters in Saint Lucia and will be entitled to a relocation grant and baggage allowances if recruited outside the duty station.
Please go to the website, www.ectel.int and click on “About Us” and “Career Opportunities” or follow the link to apply https://ectel.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=3
Applications should be accompanied with a curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of two referees, along with certified copies of relevant certificates.
Deadline for Applications: 14th February 2020