Creative Associates International - M&E Manager, Eastern and Southern Caribbean
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: M&E Manager, Eastern and Southern Caribbean
Position Location: Saint Lucia
Creative Associates International is a dynamic global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Project Summary: The USAID/Community, Family, and Youth Resilience (CFYR) project will apply a holistic approach to violence prevention using primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention interventions. The program strengthens youth, family, and community support systems; improves the skills of youth to resist involvement in violence; expands access to education and employment opportunities; and provides specialized services to youth at the highest risk of engaging in violence. Additionally, the program is working in Guyana on juvenile justice reforms to ensure that youth already in contact with the law can be successfully rehabilitated and reintegrated into the community. The project is based in Saint Lucia, with satellite offices in St. Kitts and Guyana.
The M&E Manager will be the primary subject matter expert for M&E and will be responsible for developing and implementing systems to track and aggregate data across all activities, managing the reporting to USAID, and coordinating the sharing and dissemination of information and best practices within CFYR and to project stakeholders. Additionally, the M&E Manager will support training of program staff and program partners on M&E best practices. The M&E Manager will work closely with the program’s Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist and M&E Officers and data entry junior assistants/clerks.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in international development, statistics, monitoring and evaluation methodologies, or a related field; MA/MS desired;
- Must have at least 8 years of general work experience and 5+ years of specific experience related to the required position;
- Must have at least 4+ years of direct supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated experience required in performance monitoring, assessing and tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics;
- Demonstrated experience required in statistical analysis, sampling methodology and/or data collection and analysis;
- Demonstrated experience required in conducting primary data collection, especially with target populations;
- Demonstrated experience using Excel or other software systems for data analysis;
- Willingness to travel frequently to target communities across target countries required.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in building organizational capacity in monitoring and evaluation for partners;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with youth subjects;
- Professional work experience in the Caribbean preferred.
Citizens of CARICOM and OECS member states are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email their application letter and CV with M&E Manager in the subject line to: Employment@crea-cfyr.com
Deadline 10 February 2019.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.