Canouan Estate - Restaurant Manager
5 Star luxurious Property on Canouan Island seeks suitably qualified candidates for the post of: RESTAURANT MANAGER
Perform all tasks and responsibilities related to the service of food and beverage within the restaurants, bars and in-suite dining ensuring the ultimate in resident and team member satisfaction and engagement as well as the highest quality of output and unblemished, personalized service in accordance with the set standards, policies, procedures, principles and fundamental competencies of Canouan Estate Villas & Residences.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Always maintain complete control of the designated outlets and ensure that quality and timely service is provided according to the sequence of service and other operating procedures.
- Research and record resident preferences and in conjunction with team members develop strategies to enhance the WOW factor.
- Maintain a strong, personalised relationship with residents and ensure that their every need, however demanding, is always satisfied.
- Keep current on the pulse of residents, constantly seeking opportunities to follow up on their experience.
- Move throughout the outlets and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure that the preparation, presentation and service of food and beverage products are always delivered with the highest quality.
- Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality.
- Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation.
- Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
- Provide direct service to residents as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, bussing tables, seating residents and general “floor” duties.
- Maintain accurate par levels and inventory of supplies and equipment within the department.
- Communicate suggestions to the Food & Beverage Manager that might enhance and improve service levels and running efficiency of the operation.
- Plan and schedule work staff based upon forecasted volume and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the luxury hospitality industry.
- Associate degree in hospitality or hotel management or equivalent education.
- Knowledge of HACCP standards and regulations regarding best health, hygiene and safety practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to train, motivate, evaluate, mentor and direct team members and managers.
Interested applicants are asked to a submit letter of application and CV to:
Deadline for submission of application: Tuesday 30th June 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted