Boslil Bank Limited is currently seeking applications for suitably qualified persons to fill the following position of:
INVESTMENTS ACCOUNTING OFFICER
To ensure that the bank’s investment and finance functions are accurately and correctly accounted for; ensuring that reports are available for analysis. To assist with the automation of reports necessary for the smooth functioning of the department.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analytical analysis.
- Foster strong efficient team environment within Accounting Department/Maintain high standards of quality, accuracy, timeliness and reliability in the team.
- Assist with the automation of reporting.
- Reconcile all investment accounts and investigate differences.
- Ensure investment management fees are correctly accounted for.
- Development and preparation of investment reports as needed
- Establish internal controls and procedures to ensure accurate recording and safeguarding of the Bank’s assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Professional designation - Level 2 and above
- Minimum of two (2) years international experience (financial services)
- Strong knowledge of investments and finance
- Sound Accounting background
- Investment knowledge and financial reporting experience would be an asset
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong time management skills
- Understanding of Banking would be an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Meticulous – Own your work
- Good knowledge/understanding of IFRS 9 and its requirements
- Exceptional commitment to internal and external customer service
- Microsoft Office suite, strong Excel skills