Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
Department Front Office
Job Title Bellman
Reports To Front Office Manager/General Manager
The bellman is primarily responsible for greeting and welcoming all guests
to the hotel, relieving guests of their luggage on arrival and escorting
guests to their hotel rooms. He must ensure that the highest standards of
hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times, and that all guest
requests are dealt with in a prompt and courteous manner.
In addition to assisting guests with luggage, the bellman is also
responsible for collecting and distributing parcels, handling general
enquiries and ensuring that the lobby is always clean and tidy.
- Check the daily arrival list for VIPs or guests with special needs.
- Be present at the reception desk or in the lobby, ready to assist guests, colleagues and visitors when requested.
- Ensure collection and delivery of guest luggage in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assist guests by delivering luggage to the reception desk, escorting guests to rooms, placing luggage in room assigned by reception team.
- Inspect guest rooms to ensure that all is in order and adequate supplies are in place and inform guests of room amenities.
- Deliver messages, packages and flowers to guest rooms and other offices.
- Ensure the efficient delivery and collection of group luggage.
- Ensure that guests verify that all luggage has been accounted for.
Skills Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Friendly, customer centric and results driven.
Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
Ability to stand for long hours.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday 11th
November 2021. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.