JOB DESCRIPTION - BELLMAN
Front Office Supervisor / Operations Manager / General Manager
The function of a Bellman at the Bay Gardens Hotel & Inn is to work closely with the Front Desk Staff, Management and other hotel departments in providing guest assistance with luggage, transportation and miscellaneous needs. Often the first and last person a guest sees while staying at the hotel is the Bellman. The care and attention that goes with this position is crucial to the success of a hotel as they convey critical message to the guests about the property’s commitment to service.
Duties And Responsibilities
(include but are not limited to)
· Greet guests in a friendly manner and help with luggage
· Baggage handling for tours
· Communicate with other departments in a friendly and professional manner
· Be aware of local attractions and restaurants and make recommendations to guests
· Accurately communicate with other shifts regarding issues arising from day to day operations
· Check the daily arrival list for VIPs or guests with special needs.
· Be present at the reception desk or in the lobby, ready to assist guests, colleagues and visitors when requested.
· Ensure collection and delivery of guest luggage in an efficient and timely manner.
· Assist guests by delivering luggage to the reception desk, escorting guests to rooms, placing luggage in room assigned by reception team.
· Inspect guest rooms to ensure that all is in order and adequate supplies are in place and inform guests of room amenities.
· Deliver faxes, messages, packages and flowers to guest rooms and other offices.
· Ensure the efficient delivery and collection of group luggage.
· Ensure that guests verify that all luggage has been accounted for.
· Great attention to detail and creativity.
· In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition.
High school graduate or equivalent.
A minimum of two (2) years’ experience.
Persons interested in joining our growing team may submit their applications to email@example.com no later than Friday October 4th 2019. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.