Bay Gardens Resorts - Information Technology Technician
Department - Information Technology
Job Title - Information Technology Technician
Reports To - Information Technology Manager
The ideal candidate will work closely with all departments within Bay Gardens Resorts to provide technical and network problem resolutions for all employees. Discuss and introduce ideas to improve user and guest technology-related experience.
Resolutions include but are not limited to: resolving username and password issues, maintenance software applications, verifying the correct hardware and software setup on user’s computers, power cycling equipment, assisting with navigating around application menus and troubleshooting email, computer and printer hardware and software issues, internet and camera issues.
The position requires that the IT Technician is on call on a twenty-four hour a day basis seven days per week. Weekends and public holidays are not exempt from this on-call status. The availability to work on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) is also expected.
Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity, email clients, VOIP etc.
- Research required information using available resources.
- Provide assistance by talking employees through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues/faults.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems; diagnose and solve hardware/software faults.
- Record employee issues/queries and the solutions for future reference.
- Replace computer and printer parts as required.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Follow manufacturer’s diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Support the roll out of new applications.
- Set up new user accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Respond within in the agreed timeline to queries.
- Work on a task until completion and/or seek third party assistance if necessary.
- Prioritize work assignments and queries within time constraints.
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with employees and other professionals e.g. software developers, hardware and software suppliers.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Work within budget guidelines following the correct approval process.
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Test and service equipment.
- Keep relevant and knowledgeable on all matters pertaining to information technology and the role.
- Use initiative to diagnose potential problems and report same to direct manager.
- Resolve issues and make decisions within given authority, to ensure client (internal and external) satisfaction.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal customers to exceed their needs and expectations.
- Recommend any need for new and modified approaches in software/hardware applications.
- Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues, supervisors and team members across departments to deliver positive results.
- Interact with departments and staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two-way communication.
- Be comfortable and effective in an environment of ambiguity or change.
- Be receptive to new ideas and respond to workplace changes in a flexible and optimistic manner.
- Complete assignments outside of area of direct responsibility to ensure Company needs are met
Ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users
Software and hardware maintenance skills
Ability to communicate clearly and accurately: both spoken and in writing
Demonstrate a proficiency in typing and grammar
Knowledge of relevant software applications and hardware equipment
Effective listening skills
Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines
Ability to work alone or as part of a team
Demonstrate a patient methodical approach
Willingness to cooperate with others and to work to achieve the greater good
Certification or Associates Degree in Computer Engineering (or similar)
Minimum of 2 to 5 years’ experience as an IT Technician is required.
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.