IBS INC – ICT TECHNICIAN
IBS is currently looking for an ICT Support Technician to join their friendly team on a long-term basis.
As the ICT Support Technician, you will be providing support to the existing IT team in resolving user support issues as well as implementation of network and ICT systems.
As a Leader in Technological Solutions sector in St Lucia we are seeking to hire the best talent with the following characteristics to join our team:
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Great Communication Skills
- Passion for Technology
If you are results driven, can thrive in a fast-paced environment and love technology then an exciting career opportunity awaits you for the post of: ICT Technician
- Minimum of Associate Degree in an Information Technology Field
- Two years of relevant experience with Microsoft Windows server operating systems, Active Directory, Group Policies and TCP/IP networking may be substituted for the Associate’s degree.
Basic Knowledge of the following:
- Working knowledge PC hardware and components including processors, motherboards, accessories, cards, peripherals.
- Working knowledge of PC/LAN application software including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel) and E-Mail (MS Outlook).
- Working knowledge of Networking (Topologies, Architecture, Cabling, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Server and PC operating systems - such as Windows 2008 and 2012, PC operating systems such as Windows 7, 8, 10
- Develop effective working relationships with customers, co-workers and administration.
- Ability to interface with technical and engineering personnel in order to discuss technical issues pertaining to problems, purchases or technical specifications.
- Ability to write reports, peer correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from groups of customers, staff and peers
- Certifications in IT Related Fields are a plus
- Experience in Telecoms/IP Telephony is a plus
- Willing to pursue and complete IT Certifications
PHYSICAL DEMANDS REQUIRED:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds such as switches, routers, servers and computers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus, such as to work on computers.
The position may require the individual to sometimes work irregular or extended work hours and meet multiple demands from several people
THE CANDIDATE MUST POSSES
- Proven customer service ability.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- A valid Driver’s License and 25 Years and Over
- Ability to work unsupervised.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- IBS Inc offer a competitive remuneration and benefit package which will be influenced by the successful candidate’s qualifications, experience and competence.
Applications with current resumé must be submitted on or before Friday, January 25th, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged.