Windjammer Landing Villa Beach - Security Supervisor
An employment opportunity exists at the WINDJAMMER LANDING VILLA BEACH RESORT in the position of: Security Supervisor
The successful applicant will be responsible for performing the following duties among others:
- Undertaking regular internal and external foot patrols of the Windjammer Landing.
- Protecting guests’ property against loss, theft, damage and waste.
- Making sure that Security Officers are performing their duties to the appropriate standard.
- Ensuring property is a safe and pleasant environment for our guests at all times.
- Detecting, resolving and reporting any security breaches.
- Assigning tasks and duties to the security team.
- Investigating security breaches, accidents and incidents.
- Making sure that security personnel have a full understanding of their duties.
- Responding to emergency situations as they happen.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Effective people management skills & good team building skills.
- Being thorough and accurate in all record keeping and documentation.
- Dealing professionally with incidents of verbal abuse & threatening behaviour.
- Able to distinguish when to act on own initiative and when to seek appropriate advice and guidance.
Qualified applicants for the Security Supervisor position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalence required.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and guestsin a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills.
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions.
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations, calmly and efficiently.
- Must possess first responder experience.
- Knowledgeable of loss prevention practices.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, nights and public holidays.
- Must possess prior security or supervisory experience and skills.
- Must possess the ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Must possess a positive attitude.
Interested persons must apply in writing to:
The Director of People and Culture WINDJAMMER LANDING VILLA BEACH RESORT P.O. BOX: 1504 LABRELOTTE BAY CASTRIES
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: October 15, 2018