Bay Gardens Hotel
Reports To: Sous Chef, Food & Beverage Director
The Pastry Chef is required to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries or other sweet goods. The ideal candidate’s skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by their creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes. A keen understanding of the subtle ways that different flavors work together and an appreciation for artistic presentation is required.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
• Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
• Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of guests/customers.
• Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure a beautiful and exciting presentation.
• Monitor stock for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget in a timely manner.
• Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for baking/cooking.
• Strict adherence to HACCP requirements.
• Great attention to detail and creativity.
• In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field.
• Proven experience as Pastry Chef, Baker or related role.
Applications may be sent to:
Application deadline: Monday 8th January 2018.
Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.