J’s Bar and Grill - Chef
Chef Job Summary
We are looking for an innovative and experienced chef to join our business. You will be responsible for preparing, cooking, and presenting food to our customers. You will need to be creative, develop new dishes, determine specials of the day, and put together a menu that feels fresh and exciting to our customers.
Chef Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the work responsibilities of the kitchen
- Preparing cold foods
- Frying, grilling, and sautéing foods
- Keeping stations cleaned and organized
- Following and creating recipes
- Maintaining excellent hygiene
- Lifting heavy pots and kitchen equipment
- At least a year’s worth of experience working in kitchen and restaurant settings.
- Willingness to work hard and operate in a team structure
- Associate’s degree or culinary degree
- Knowledge of how to use a wide variety of kitchen equipment
- Refined palate
- Great culinary imagination
- Leadership skills such as leading a team of cooks, teaching line cooks each new recipe and managing a kitchen staff
Interested qualified persons should call (758) 713-0988 or forward their application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.