IBS GROUP OF COMPANIES - Accounting Technician
IBS GROUP OF COMPANIES IS SEEKING TO FULFIL THE POSITION OF ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN WITHIN ITS ESTABLISHMENT
Reporting to the Group Chief Financial Controller, the Accounting Technician is accountable for the accounts payable and accounts receivable operations of the company, to include maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls to enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
As well, the Accounting Technician will liaise with Vendors in support of monthly invoice payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To include the following, other duties may be assigned. Responsible for the accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions of the organization ensuring compliance with all required accounting principles.
- Reviews, processes and inputs vendor invoices.
- Reconciles vendor accounts.
- Prepares and distributes cheques for payment of vendor invoices.
- Prepare Stock/Inventory Costing Schedules
- Reconcile Stock/Inventory Accounts to the GL monthly
- Partake in Stock Count Exercise
- Inputs client invoices in accounting system.
- Prepares account statements, upon request.
- Maintain Fixed Assets listings
- Prepares monthly Accounting Reports and Reconciliation
- Prepares monthly Balance Sheet and Expense Schedules
- Prepares Journal entries and submit for approval
- Prepares bank reconciliations
- Prepares monthly Depreciation entries
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and to work collaboratively with individuals from other departments.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Windows; strength in associated office productivity software tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong proficiency in Quick Books Accounting would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Inventory Management
- Methodical approach, detail oriented and highly organized.
- Team focused positive attitude, must be self-motivated, and possess very good time management and exceptional communication skills both in written and verbal.
- Must embrace the principles and ethics upheld by the Company
- Two years’ experience within an accounting role would be an asset.
- Experience in using Quick Books Accounting system would be an asset.
- Experience in an Inventory Environment would be an asset.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration with specialization in Accounting is required or
- CATS Qualification or Level II ACCA
Interested persons are asked to submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before deadline – Monday March 9th, 2020.